Strengthening Ontario’s manufacturing sector in Thunder Bay. | So Good News
THUNDER BAY — Oct. 5; 2022: The Government of Ontario is providing $2,135,745 to support the manufacturing sector in Northwestern Ontario through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC).
This investment creates jobs; expanding business operations; We will help build a stronger Ontario by providing critical infrastructure and improving quality of life in the North.
“Supporting manufacturing in the Thunder Bay area not only creates good-paying jobs, but also helps keep the north competitive,” Northern Development Minister Greg Rickford said. “These businesses play an important role in the Northern economy, supporting communities and contributing to the prosperity of the entire state.”
The following projects receive NOHFC funding:
- Itec 2000 Equipment Inc. for a new hydraulic shop. to $970,000
- $267,374 to Canada Concrete Corporation to expand its concrete production operations
- $217,920 to Thunder Bay Hydraulics for the commercialization of a car lift
- $195,000 from EcoCarbon Foam for the start-up of an extruded polystyrene (XPS) manufacturing plant
- Lakehead Ironworks Inc. for three projects. to $132,814
- $111,071 to AM Ludwig Saw Shop to purchase and install equipment
- Peterson Machine and Supply Inc. To buy a boring mill for $99,300
- $90,210 to KMH Industries for pilot demonstration and commercialization of a roller ski treadmill.
- Countermeasures Security Solutions Inc. to purchase equipment and upgrade its facility. (now known as Secure Orbit Inc.) for $44,089
- North West Industries Inc. to upgrade and purchase new equipment. for $7,967